Are you interested in working at Butter and Cream?
This is what we are: Butter and Cream is a locally owned business focused on producing and serving top quality, all-natural ice cream, sorbet, and desserts utilizing superior ingredients. We make all our ice cream and desserts in small batches.
The vision for making Butter and Cream a success centers on two equally important goals:
Superior Product: Our goal is nothing less than to produce the best ice cream in Georgia, and to highlight it with our delicious hand-made sauces and toppings, in creative forms and presentations.
Superior Atmosphere: We strive to create a fun, welcoming retail experience through the combination of a well-designed shop and unsurpassed customer service.
Here is what we can do for you:
- We have some flexibility regarding work schedules – though we are looking to staff-up for an extremely busy season.
- Competitive pay – we have the internal flexibility to pay people in line with what they contribute to the business.
- All team members are colleagues. Our goal is an empowered staff whose members will have the opportunity to advance as the business develops.
- Butter and Cream is about working hard and enjoying it!
In all employees, Butter and Cream is looking for individuals who are hard workers, willing team members, and in tune with our mission of providing superior products and customer service. In turn, we are 100% committed to creating a fair, positive working environment AND a meaningful work experience for our employees, whether you are working 10 hours a week or full time. We will achieve that by fostering an atmosphere where employees are encouraged to think, to participate in how the business works, to offer suggestions, and where new challenges and responsibilities are available for those who seek them.
Butter and Cream Retail Service Staff
The mission for making Butter and Cream a success lies at the intersection of three incontrovertible truths:
- We make really delicious ice cream, and really delicious desserts to go with it.
- We treat our customers really well–show them a great time and invite them back.
- We are determined to have a good time doing our jobs and treat our employees fairly.
Butter and Cream is looking for enthusiastic individuals with supreme customer service skills, to make the experience and products in our retail shop as fun and cool as is humanly possible. Previous food and/or beverage-related customer service experience is a plus, and willingness to work as part of the team is necessary.
- Do you have experience working in a food-related customer service environment? Experience is helpful, but not a necessity.
- Are you passionate about food generally, desserts in particular, and ice cream specifically.
- Do you truly enjoy people of all ages?
- Are you inclined, by nature, to pitch-in and help with ALL aspects of serving our products AND helping your mates keep the shop CLEAN, organized, and running smoothly? (We are a small staff, this is critical!)
Hours and Pay
- This is an hourly position at competitive rates for this kind of work. Rates are dependent on your experience.
- The work may include a combination of day and evening shifts, as required to round-out staff coverage.
- Availability from late May/early June through the end of summer is critical; preference is given to those who can continue to work once school starts.
Practical Job Requirements
- This is an active, physical job–most time is spent on one’s feet.
- Requires the ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Requires frequently accessing the walk-in freezer.
- Requires being honest and dependable.
- Requires being able to live without your cell phone while at work.
- Requires commitment to reliably transport oneself to and from work including nighttime hours. (can be as late as 11:45 PM)
Areas of Responsibility
Retail staff responsibilities center on preparing and serving Butter and Cream’s ice cream products (scoops, cones, milkshakes, sundaes, etc.) and desserts. The retail staff is the face of Butter and Cream, so being professional, helpful, courteous, and cheerful while working with the wide variety of customers we attract is the core of the job. Willingness to work cooperatively with your team members is also a critical aspect of this position. Duties include the following and may evolve over time:
- Stocking retail service bar.
- Preparing and serving items on the Butter and Cream menu for customers.
- Helping customers by providing samples, information, and delicious desserts.
- Accurate cash handling.
- Dish washing, CLEAN UP, and generally keeping Butter and cream pristine and clean.
- Working and communicating constructively and effectively with store-owner/manager and other retail staff, through daily retail operations, is critical to this job.
- Front of House management opportunities with additional duties exist if we find the right person.
- Email us a resume and a cover letter detailing your availability and telling us something about yourself and your interest in/qualification for this position.
- Let us know whether you are looking for full or part-time work.
- Attach these materials in the email.
- Do not copy your letters into the body of an email message.
- We will contact you via email, so be sure to check!
- Please email your materials to email@example.com
- Put “Ice Cream” and “Decatur”, or “Beltline” in the subject line of your email.
- Questions of any kind should be directed to the same email address. Please do not call our store or stop by to ask questions.